Thursday 14 August 2014

Game 05 - Sinking Ship Game: Fish Fingers

It's amazing how long it can take to make something you thought was so simple. I've put in a good 10 hours of work today. It feels good to be so productive although my fingers hurt a bit.

Fun with cables
The game is slightly playable now. There are a few fun things you can do in it but not everything works still. I've implemented the new control scheme into the engineer/hacker and the swimmer/spelunker but not the woman/climber yet.

The engineer/hacker can now successfully hack the computer and rewire the cables spanning the walls (although he cannot delete cables yet) but be careful and each addition he makes will cost time and cause the (currently not a danger) water to slowly rise.

A few bugs still exist but fortunately they're not a big problem and could be solved simply by designing the levels carefully although I will do my best to fix them.

One particularly strange bug is one causing a character to jump back when the get too close to that left wall on the bottom layer. I think it's something to do with the low ceiling but the characters should never even come in contact with it so?...

anyway, I feel like I'll need to spend 10 hours everyday for this whole week if I want the game to be what I initially hoped it would. I'd like to do that if I can.


CONTROLS:
engineer + swimmer:
left click the character once - movement buttons
left click the character twice - special actions (jump still isn't a thing)

using the computer(engineer only):
left click - add cable
right click - exit computer mode
left click 'use...' button - exit computer mode

woman:
left click and drag - movement
right click - special actions

general:
R - restart
esc - exit





No comments:

Post a Comment